In this episode, I am extremely pleased to be able to bring you this interview with Fady I. Sharara, M.D, FACOG of the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Sharara is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist / Infertility specialist (since 1996), and a Board Certified Obstetrician / Gynecologist (since 1994).
During our wide-ranging discussion, we chatted about everything from the origins of IVF (and my birth in 1981) to what the future of IVF may look like.
And, because he won’t brag, allow me to highlight a few of his accolades:
- He was named Top Washington area Top Doctors in Infertility by the Washingtonian magazine continuously since 2003 (last nomination in the March 2016 issue)
- Nominated as one of the Washington area Top Doctors in Infertility by the Washington Post Magazine 2011-present.
- Nominated as one of Northern Virginia Top Docs in Reproductive Endocrinology for the 5th year in a row (first nominated in the February 2011 issue of Northern Virginia Magazine)
- Dr. Sharara was been a member of the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) Practice Committee between 2007-2014.
- Dr. Sharara also served on the Local Advisory Editorial Board for Fertility and Sterility between 2010-2012, the leading Fertility journal in the field of Infertility and Assisted Reproduction.
I hope you enjoyed getting his perspective as an IVF clinician as much as I enjoyed speaking with him.
If you have a topic you’d like to hear addressed on an upcoming podcast, feel free to use the contact form on my website to drop me a note. Additionally if there is anyone whose story you think would be particularly interesting for the podcast, I’d love to be connected.
Thanks for listening, and be sure to rate and leave a review of the podcast on whatever platform you listen to the show.